PDA

View Full Version : Help me get rid of these green sacs/bubbles?

fishnett
08/06/2006, 08:48 PM
Hey guys,
I have a ton of these green sac like things (they look like grapes) all over my tank that are filled with water. I have been removing them manually, but I am loosing the race. Can you tell me what they might be and how I can get rid of them. Thanks
Mike

chrismunn
08/06/2006, 08:57 PM
haha, you have valonia.... dont pop them, it just releases spores and makes more! if they start turning clear it means they'r reproducing sexually, which is also bad! try getting them off the rocks manually without popping them, and siphoning them out. whatever you do, dont pop them......if they are on rocks you can take the rocks out and scrubb them, them rinse the rocks off reall good. ive done that before and it has worked for me. but i think the best method is to starve them, aside from preventing them to begin with. haha good luck...

fishnett
08/06/2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the info. How can I starve them? What do you think about some emerald crabs

Scudd
08/06/2006, 11:45 PM
I noticed some about 8 months ago in my 65 gallon. I added ONE green emerald crab. Problem solved! I now have a 92 with no problems with the crab or algea.

tony098
08/07/2006, 02:30 PM
Came home from a 4 week vacation and bubble algea covered most rocks on the top. Tank temperature was close to 90. Took the rock out and manually removed the bubbles. It has been over a month and haven't seen they coming back. What is your water's temperature?