PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee replacement pH electrode on a Pinpoint monitor OK?

trmiv
08/07/2006, 12:14 AM
I'm in need of a new electrode for my pinpoint monitor, and I found a replacement Milwaukee electrode for a good price. It has a BNC connector, so I assume it will work, but I'm wondering if it will be as accurate as the replacement from American Marine for the Pinpoint? The probe I found is the replacement for all the Milwaukee models, and from what I've seen most of them have a resolution of +/- .2 pH where the Pinpoint is +/- .01 pH. So will the Milwaukee electrode work even though it's for meters with worse resolution, or is that a function of the unit, not the electrode?

Boomer
08/07/2006, 12:17 PM
It will be fine. Probes do not have resolution the meter does. So your guess is correct. Your PinPoint will still read and have a resolution of .01. Don't forget, resolution is not accuracy.

trmiv
08/07/2006, 12:27 PM
Another related question, the reason I'm buying the replacement electrode is because my current one isn't holding calibration. I can calibrate it fine, and it calibrates quickly and easily, but a week later it needs to be done again. The electrode is almost two years old. Is that kind of behavior indicative of the electrode going bad, or a problem with the meter itself? I thought when the electrodes were bad they wouldn't calibrate at all?

Boomer
08/07/2006, 02:34 PM
Electodes need to be repalced every 2 years. Some will still calibrate but will drift more like yours.