PDA

View Full Version : 125 AGA with twin overflows

electraglide
08/07/2006, 09:40 AM
My current (new set-up) is an AGA 125 gallon with twin overflows, each overflow has two outputs to the tank, so there are four total outputs from my return pump (hope that made sense).
My question is; what pump do you recommend, I currently have a RIO 26 HF and am not comfortable with this pump.
The flow of the four outlets seems very low. I do have a wavemaker as well, it is running three additional pumps (in the tank) so I am getting movement.
Anyways, any input on a replacement pump would be greatly appreciated. Plus any additional advice for this tank would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Frank

King-Kong
08/07/2006, 09:41 AM
AGA with 4 OUTPUTS? Sure it's not 1 return/1 intake for each overflow?

electraglide
08/07/2006, 10:38 AM
I should have explained a little better, there is one intake and one return for each overflow. The return is then split in two going into the tank. So what it does is take your return to the tank and splits that in two, just a plumbing thing, so you can distribute the flow a little better.

old salty
08/07/2006, 05:09 PM
I use a Mag 12 for the same tank. I used to run a Mag 18, but with the extra flow, I had an issue with the gurgling noise.

jaeden
08/07/2006, 05:27 PM
I would go with the Eheim 1260 , gives you 3-5x the turnover, my tank is the same as yours 2 inlets 2 outlets , planning on capping one of the inlets and having 2 overflows , durso stand pipes supposed to work well to cut down the noise . These are overflows by the way good luck