PDA

View Full Version : Carpet surfers

murfman
08/07/2006, 02:22 PM
I had my first carpet surfer today. It has been two and a half years since I set up my saltwater tanks and never had a surfer. I have had to fish several out of the overflows but that is not really a big deal.

The fish I lost was my Blue Spot, I found her between the tank and the wall. How she got out, I have no real idea. The tank has a lid and the only openings are for the pickup tube and the return. The hole for the pickup tube is only 1/4" on one side. The hole for the return is 1/2-3/4" but I covered it with some sponge so that it was not open. I did find a spot on the lid that looks like it was just cleaned and that was next to the little plastic cover that you slide onto the lid to seal the tank.

Is it possible that the fish just pushed the cover back as it jumped out? I have had the fish for about 5-6 months and it never made an attempt (that I know of) to jump out. The whole reason I put it in the SH tank was because its covered.

Needless to say, I am pretty tore up right now......Sorry Chris.

BLUEMANDJ
08/07/2006, 02:23 PM
the irony! Wait till you read my other post.

Sorry for your loss!

Leopard Wrasse
08/07/2006, 02:42 PM
Sorry to hear that Murph, Jawfish seem to be able to find the
smallest space to squeeze through.

murfman
08/07/2006, 08:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7895478#post7895478 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BLUEMANDJ
the irony! Wait till you read my other post.

Sorry for your loss!

So where is the other post?

BLUEMANDJ
08/07/2006, 10:36 PM
It is in the "i'm not moving".

I was writing it at the same time you were entering the post about the carpet surfer.