PDA

View Full Version : 17G stock

BCreefmaker
08/07/2006, 11:04 PM
would a pair clown, 1 golby, a pistol, and 2 cleanerss w/ a few other inverts be ok in a 17G tank with no skimmer only LR filtration? and im guessing i should probbly think of investing in one if i ever put in a a anomome for the clowns, or possibly a small clam. im just wondering am i pushing it for this size of tank?? or will they be ok?

Henry22
08/07/2006, 11:14 PM
The anenome and clam would depend on the lighting and I cant really help you their because I dont have the experience or knowledge, but most clams and anenomes are usually kept under metal halide lighting. Some can be kept under PCs but its usually the lower light demanding species. A pair of clowns, a shrimp goby, a pistol shrimp, and 2 cleaner shrimp would be a really high bioload and should not be attempted without a skimmer and refugiam. Its possible, but even with a skimmer deligent water changes would be needed, and a refugiam would also help. I also dont know the compatilability of a pistol shrimp with other shrimp. What other inversts were you considering.

BCreefmaker
08/07/2006, 11:17 PM
yeah im using a 150watt clamp on MH, and the other inverts would be just hermit crabs and snails.. i Was thinking of setting up my 40 Gallon as a Huge fuge....i guess a few power heads and some cheap 6700k sump lights would make a pretty good filter with LR..... i was possibly thinking i could also just take the clamp on light a make a little sand shelf/reef on one side under the MH and a make a LR ridge in the middle that almost reaches the top of the tank then a fuge on the other side of the ridge probably a 8' or 9" bed under the MH and 4" or 6" in the fuge and just have a 6700k fuge light for the other side just to keep the maco algae and any fish that wander over there happy?