PDA

View Full Version : This RO/DI unit any good?

Ripside
08/08/2006, 01:48 PM
I see this guys' stuff on eBay all the time:

This is a 100GPD six stage RODI, with a tank.

[advert]

PrivateJoker64
08/08/2006, 03:19 PM
Don't know about that one, but I have had one of these for a couple years and it has done really well for me.
[advert]

Paintbug
08/08/2006, 03:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7902360#post7902360 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PrivateJoker64
Don't know about that one, but I have had one of these for a couple years and it has done really well for me.
[advert]

i have had mine for about a 1½ years. love it! its just now needing a filter change.

justin1977justi
08/09/2006, 08:56 AM
Type in ro/2di on ebay. This is the one I got and love it. Ask for the Dow membrane. They will swap them at no additional cost.

iamquockie
08/09/2006, 09:42 AM
I have that ro system. used it for two months and the TFC membrane was clogged. It happened to be from the same seller---he is sending me another one, lets see if i get it. other than that, the system is ok.

Markk96
08/09/2006, 09:48 AM
Remember everyone Ebay Links are not allowed.

Thanks
Mark

PrivateJoker64
08/10/2006, 05:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7902360#post7902360 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PrivateJoker64
<font size="2" color="blue"><i>Link deleted. Reef Central does not permit members to advertise sales that they are conducting on other web sites. This includes references to auctions on Ebay and selling forums on other boards.</i></font>
Neither of us was selling them. We were merely discussing their merits.

PDA
08/11/2006, 08:07 AM
Since link was deleted, I'm not sure which one you are referring to. However I got my 100 GPD on Ebay about 2 years ago from Filters Direct. I think the unit says Water General on it. Its been a great unit. I just upgraded the DI with a vertical unit from Purely-H2O and couldn't be happier.

AZDesertRat
08/11/2006, 11:02 AM
There are much much better RO/DI units than most of those sold on e-bay. If you do asearch for any of my RO/DI posts you will find a list of reputable vendors that are reef hobbyists themselves and assemble units designed for that purpose. Most e-bay units are factoty assembled in China and are intended for drinking water as evidenced by their choice of pre and carbon filter, lesser quality membranes and poor quality DI setups.
Compare them to reef qualitysystems and the differences become very apparent and you will also discover the additional costs required to make them reef quality. Buy the right tool for the job the firats time and not only will you be happier and have better quality water but you will be money ahead in the long run. Actually in the short run in some cases, a few DI resin replacements and you are about at what a good unit costs.