PDA

View Full Version : 7095 Multicontroller moonlight not working

PoggiPJ
08/08/2006, 09:22 PM
Hi Roger,
I actually have two problems.

First,, Both the moonlight and night settings on my 7095 controller will no longer activate. Do I need an RMA # to send it in to 1304 Monica Street for repair?

Second, the white plastic shaft of the impeller in one of my 6100.10 Streams has broken. May I purchase a replacement impeller to be shipped along with the controller? The production code on the back is 225, and I can send in the old one with the controller.

rvitko
08/09/2006, 06:52 AM
As for the controller, do the LED's on the controller turn on, just the functions don't work? I ask because I have replacement boards but I am out of photocell/moonlights and need to get some in. No point sending it until I have the parts to do the repair quickly.

No RMA needed.

It is part 6080.64, if you need the screw for the prop that is a seperate part 6080.641. I could ship it with the controller but it will likely be a few weeks until I will have the part necessary to make that repair. If you order it from Tunze.com we can ship it immediately, shipping on that order would be 2.93 by the tunze.com calculator.

PoggiPJ
08/09/2006, 11:27 AM
Hi Roger,
yes - the two green LEDs light in response to the button selections. Does that indicate that the problem is limited to the photocell?

I will go ahead and order the impeller (and some other spare parts) from Tunze.com.
Thank you.

rvitko
08/09/2006, 11:31 AM
Yes, you need a photocell/LED replacement. Someone mentioned that unpowering the unit had fixed this for them but I called today and they are supposed to organize sending me a few of these parts. They are not a standard spare part that is offered so they are a bit harder to get and I don't always have them onhand.

PoggiPJ
08/09/2006, 12:24 PM
Not a problem. I can wait for the night mode to be fixed. The important thing right now is to get my 2nd Stream running. I attempted to order the parts, but I am receiving an "Internal Server Error" when I click on the "Order" button.

PoggiPJ
08/09/2006, 12:48 PM
By the way - how does one remove the old shaft from the magnet??

rvitko
08/09/2006, 01:09 PM
Hmm, maybe it is best to call me. The brakes are removed and the shaft lifts off. The manual shows how to remove the brakes.

PoggiPJ
08/13/2006, 09:41 AM
Hi Roger,
I received the parts, and everything is up and running beautifully. The parts actually arrived a day earlier than expected. and Thank you for the alternate propeller!

Please let me know when you have the replacement components for the night feed/moonlight in stock, and I will send in my controller.

PoggiPJ
06/07/2007, 08:28 AM
Hi Roger,
My streams are still working beautifully, however I never did anything with the moonlight LED.

Is this something i can fix myself?

rvitko
06/07/2007, 10:50 AM
You might open the controller and see if you feel confident to solder in the new one yourself. You will need a very fine tip solderer and a modest amount of experience. Otherwise I can do it for you.

PoggiPJ
06/07/2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Roger, Thank you.
I've done quite a bit of electronics soldering and do have a fine point variable wattage iron. If you'd like to send it to me, please do so at
12413 Triple Crown Road
North Potomac, MD 20878

rvitko
06/08/2007, 09:35 AM
Will do!