PDA

View Full Version : Reef Octopus NW-200: Ideal Depth?

kroe
08/08/2006, 09:29 PM
I just got in a NW-200 for my new tank setup, and am very impressed with the look of it (still have not had the chance to try it). It came in with a broken collection cup and missing venturi, but I have heard the suppliers are very good about handling defects.

I am in the process of designing a 75 gallon sump that will hold the skimmer. Please help me design the skimmer chamber. What would the ideal running depth for the skimmer be? I would like to have it as deep as possible without compromising performance (to maximize the depth I can run in other chambers of the 75). The overall design is the overflow dumping into the skimmer chamber which will be ? tall. That chamber will overflow into a frag growout chamber, with another baffle slightly lower than the skimmer chamber's. The final chamber will be a drilled chamber for my GenX Mak-3 return pump.

Please help me determine the ideal depth to run the NW-200 at.

Thanks,
-Ken

Ereefic
08/08/2006, 11:41 PM
I don't know if it's ideal, but I made mine 9" deep for my NW-200. Won't be running for a little while yet, but I have room in my stand to play around with and try different heights if need be.

Roland Jacques
08/09/2006, 03:47 AM
the higher the better= less back pressure = more air. just dont go higer than the output or the neck. at 6" it pulled 10scfh of air, at 10" 12scfh of air.

tm613
08/09/2006, 06:49 AM
I have mine in 9"