PDA

View Full Version : Champion Lighting for Marylanders

archie1709
08/08/2006, 10:36 PM
I finally changed my CUSA Orbit 4x65W bulbs. I bought two 65W Dual Daylights and two 65W Dual actinics. There was a significant difference in (a) the color of the corals, and (b) the way the corals open, after I replaced the lights.

I just want to share my experience with Champion Lighting, a company from our sponsors here at Reef Central, and a Pennsylvania-based company (a few minutes outside Philly).

I bought each bulb at $26 (everyone else charges $31 and up. Plus, arm and leg for shipping). I bought four of them. I also paid for ground shipping ($8). TWO DAYS LATER, I received it. Packaging was good and the merchandise came in excellent condition.

So Marylanders, instead of Aquarium Center, Exotic Aquatics, Rick's Fish and Pet (too expensive, and folks are crooks), Congressional (not knowledgeable on lights, but they pretend they're knowledgeable), marine depot (they're westcoast based), or Dr Foster Smith (they're Wisconsin based), go to Champion Lighting. They're fully stocked and they ship ASAP; arrioves in two days to our area using ground shipping (cheapest, $8).

I got all 4 PC bulbs for less than $120 total including shipping and received the products in two days! They have amazing guarantee. Just sharing a local secret.

goda
08/08/2006, 10:45 PM
champion is evil.. there perfect.. till you have a problom..
they wont call back they lie they ... anyways do a search for some of my post on them and there sub company ( blueline)

there great... till you have a problom

btw :( home.... lol i miss MD havent been to md in way to long

archie1709
08/08/2006, 10:50 PM
With all due respect, you're in Florida. I don't feel bad for you at all for missing home. Hehehehehe. J/K. Maryland misses you too, neighbor. Come by the home state soon!

I will check out the posts that you may have of champions. But so far, I've had nothing but stellar things to say about them.

Take it easy and please do share with me any of your secret places to go to here in Maryland (I am originally from Southern California, moved to MD 3 yrs ago). I love Maryland. Beautiful.

143gadgets
08/08/2006, 11:42 PM
I have to agree with Archie on this one. I always talk to Perry when I call there and he is awesome! I just replaced my MH bulbs with XM 20Ks. I called in the morning and he shipped them off the same day. I got them the next afternoon.No complaints here. I have prdered various things from them in the past and Perry has always made my day.

goda
08/09/2006, 07:59 AM
any of you ever deal with adam . hes the main problom ( and the one i always have to deal with)

thing that im po'd about is that htey said they would extend my return time untill i set up my new lights ( in case my probloms were in the wires) then i call back a ferw months later and they say " we never said that"
( see the solar dimmer they make? yeah...)

Zoom
08/09/2006, 08:46 AM
I don't think this thread belongs here but I will respond to it any way.
I always use champion lighting for my reef goods for almost ten years now.
So far I have no problems with them handling any of my problems . about two weeks a go I order a PC bulb for my fuge 6.7K 65W PC bulb and was defective I had a new one the next day at my door step.
They was a little slow before on there shipping but lately if I order in the morning my order is out to me the same day.

cewalcott
08/12/2006, 02:23 PM
I have recently moved to colorado from MD Also use Champion have had no problems returnig things damaged in transit I have even changed my order mid streem They took care of it