PDA

View Full Version : Clean Up Crew Cleaning up your zoos

limestro
08/09/2006, 10:59 AM
How many of you guys have experienced the clean up crew picking on the zoos a little too much and lose small frags to them? I recently lost a frag of my "Jokers" and some purplish palys to the evil clean up crew. It is to my understanding normally they pick at the zoos when they are not going to make it, have some algae growning on them, melting, irritated, etc. But lately I've been seeing them be the cause of the zoos not being so happy. Share your experiences.

lottie_pufferfi
08/09/2006, 11:49 AM
well yes ive heard they pick at them, when zoos in trouble, but they may not be getting enuogh to eat. what kind of hermit are they?

cardgenius
08/09/2006, 12:07 PM
Ive only noticed them eating zoos if the zoo was already dying. Ive seen my hermits cleaning the zoos, as in picking the loose stuff off. Ive never noticed them just eating a zoo.

limestro
08/09/2006, 12:13 PM
Hmm I have a few different hermits in the tank. Mexican red tip,
Dwarf Zebra, Electric Blue, Skarlet. I dont have a lot of them though. I think I have less than 10 in a 60 gal. But I would probably agree with you as far as them being fed, because I have no algae problems and I guess they grab what they can when I feed my fish. Thanks for the input.

grisha
08/09/2006, 05:44 PM
are you sure they eating zoos , mine's just turn them over just to **** me off . so after i got sick of them i put all the large ones into the sump, maybe that will teach them( and my local NY monsters), all the little ones still on the display and couse no problem