PDA

View Full Version : Seeing what I can support

jjakes24
08/09/2006, 02:18 PM
Just wondering what kind of corals I would be able to keep and if I could support any anonomes. I currently have 4 VHO lamps at 110W a piece. 2 Acentics and 2 10,000K. its on a standard 55G tank

conchead
08/09/2006, 02:47 PM
That's 8 watts per gallon, seems like it should be plenty, I think about 5 per gallon is really all you need.

jjakes24
08/09/2006, 02:49 PM
i keep hearing different opinions like some things will only keep with MH, etc. Just want to make sure.

Sk8r
08/09/2006, 03:37 PM
I'm betting you can keep most things. I think anything but the fussiest acroporas, which means sps like montipora, pocillopora, stylophora are probably going to do fine. Lps's no problem. You may be too bright for some. By my advice, don't try to mix zoos and softies with lps and sps: wrong light, wrong chemistry---so set up either for softies or for stonies, never the twain shall meet---except some mushrooms [discosomas] get by with stonies quite amicably. I have some purple ones snugged right up against my montiporas with no trouble, but the candy cane doesn't like the discosoma neglectas touching it.