PDA

View Full Version : backorder or no?

goda
08/09/2006, 08:33 PM
i placed an orderyesterday for a artica 1/3 chiller.
then caleld today to ask if it was back ordered ( sinc eit was everywhere elsE) and was told yes it was..
anyways i asked the guy why iswastn told and he said that i recieved an email ( which never arrived)
anyways not able to wait 8 more days i cancled the order but
is it possiable it wasnt back orded and it would of shipped ( and lets say just became back orded

cause i never recieved any email...

it was shipping to parkland fl and i was paying for over night ( wont go into more detail cause i know there are creeps out htere online :P

MarineDepot
08/10/2006, 11:58 AM
Hello Goda,

Thank you for your post, I apologize that you did not receive the email regarding your backorder. Currently I do show that the chiller in question in on backorder as we are expecting our shipment to arrive on or before 8/31/06. Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced and do hope we can assist you in the future. If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please feel free to give us a call at 714.385.0080

Walter
Marine Depot Customer Service

goda
08/13/2006, 08:09 PM
you ABSOLUTLY NEED to change your website so it says back ordered before you even start the check out. cause it was a compleat waste of my time and others as well

also you lost a sale because i went with some one else ( got the 1/4 instead of the 1/3rd cause they were back ordered there as well) you guys do a great job. but just need to work on a few things

Marinedepotlive
08/14/2006, 10:49 AM
Hi Goda,

Thanks for the response and for your feedback. Currently, the shopping cart on our website will inidicate if an item is back ordered under the "eta" column which will say if they item will ship the same day or if there will be a delay.

Unfortunately, it does happen where we receive more orders than we have inventory in a short period of time. When that happens, the shopping cart may not accurately reflect the status on that item.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Eugene Y.