PDA

View Full Version : ASM G3 problem --- Sedra not starting up???

Arik
08/09/2006, 09:24 PM
I have a two month old ASM G3, and lately when I unplug the skimmer to empty the collection cup when I plug it back in the pump doesn't restart. When this first happened I took everything apart and cleaned everything (it was barely dirty), and the pump started back up after being plugged in for about 3 seconds. Every time since then, it takes more time for the pump to start from the time I plug it in, until the time the impellar starts up. Today the pump again wouldn't restart. It seems like the pump doesn't have enough power to start spinning the impellar. I just opened the vollute and spun the impellar by hand a few times and plugged it back in and it started up.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is this common, or should I get this pump replaced ASAP???

outy
08/09/2006, 09:50 PM
i found my rubber cap on the end of the ceramic shaft was missing and still ran for a week lol [sedra 3500]

i made my own and now it starts everytime

sorry as close as i can get

Arik
08/10/2006, 07:30 AM
You mean the busing right? I know that's there in mine. Anyone else?

RichConley
08/10/2006, 08:28 AM
send it back.

If you're already having problems in 2 months, I dont think this particular pump is going to be anything but problems.

Arik
08/10/2006, 09:54 AM
To those who have Sedra 5000's as well --- how many white nylon spacers are there supposed to be on the impeller shaft above the needlewheel?