PDA

View Full Version : power compact lighting ? for new setup

zachstone13
08/10/2006, 01:09 AM
I am setting up a 45 rr tank. Its dimensions are 24X18. Im not sure of the height. I was thinking of getting 2 coralife pc lights, each are 2X65 watt lights. That puts 260 watts on the tank. I am interested in getting most kinds of soft coral as well as an anemone. Will this be sufficient, or do i need to opt for a metal halide pc combo. I am thinking of running a wet dry, i know that people reccomend a refuge but you cannot cycle the tank near the # of times an hour with one right? What salt will be best? I was thinking of using tropic marin salt, doing frequent water changes to avoid supplementing besides a basic 2 part calcium, and maybe iodine for xenia and inverts. The whole setup, from formula 1 to salt to a net to a heater, to a top of the line stand and canopy and the tank comes to about 1100. That is ordering everything except the tank, canopy, stand, and the wet dry from foster smith. Any thoughts as i am looking to get this going soon!

zachstone13
08/10/2006, 01:22 AM
I am considering a refuge instead of the wet dry. What kind of a tank could i fit into a 24X18 stand? What kind of design should i use. Can i just let the tank drain from the megaflow right into the fuge. Any ideas, commnents, suggestions are appreciated.