PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 10g!

stout
08/11/2006, 09:20 PM
Well I just bought my first nano tank. It's a 10g eclipse with a 36w retrofit pc. Picked it up w/ stand for $75.

I also bought a piece of "dead" base rock that is now sitting in my 75 to get some life to it. I am taking my time w/ it and not wanting to rush anything, but it is sooo tempting to start throwing stuff in it!!!!

Anyway it will be in my office and will be home to a torch frag, frogspawn frag, pipe organ frag, small blasto's, a bubble coral, and a small neon green leather frag.

I'm looking for a fish to be the spot light, but not sure what to get. I'm open for recommendations! Has anyone kept a yellow headed jawfish? I've only seen them on Dr's Smith site and they look cool, but I know nothing else about them.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!!

mister crabs
08/12/2006, 09:47 AM
yellow headed jawfish would be cool....make sure u have a pretty fine substrate for him to dig around in and spit....lol

mdisalvo55
08/12/2006, 10:48 AM
Yellow headed jawfish are really neat fish. They'll make a burrow and pop in and out of it and move stuff around with their mouth. They always jump out of aquariums though and I just lost mine because of it recently so make sure you get a top. Heres a pic.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/111441Jawfish__Small_.JPG

iNfaMous_reeF
08/13/2006, 06:18 PM
cant wait to see pics of it up