PDA

View Full Version : help me with my anglefish

b_rabun1
08/12/2006, 09:27 PM
one of his eyes looks like a cotten ball is in it he is eating good and the water is fine.any help please?

EdKruzel
08/12/2006, 09:48 PM
The water isn't as good as you think as that condition is known as cloudy eye; it is a bacterial infection.

You mentioned eating well but is it eating the proper types of food and in the proper amounts and times.
Please list the size, equipment and husbandry of your tank as well as the occupants, diets and feeding schedule.

The more detail the better to help find a solution.

Ed

b_rabun1
08/12/2006, 10:09 PM
ok well it is a 125g with a 29g sump and wet/dry (not sure how big the wet/dry is).it is a fowlr i have a 3" huma, a 10" naso a 4"purple tang an a 3"maron clown with a 10" sfe and a 6" emperor angelfish.

i have been feeding ocean nutrition formula two flakes, bodys vita diet pellets, and julian springs sea veggies purple seaweed.
the eat 2 times a day sometimes more.

it looks like his fins are split up some to.

any help? i gave him a freash water dip tonight for about 10 min.

he may look a little better now after the dip (maybe).

EdKruzel
08/12/2006, 10:28 PM
Flakes and pellets are made with binders and fillers and contribute to poor water quality, plus your tank is a bit over crowded which is the probable cause to the initial poor water quality.

Additionally with over crowded tanks, the stress level is elevated and reduces the immune system making your live stock more susceptible to disease and bacterial infections like as with your angelfish.

Reduce your livestock to an adequate amount and the best being compatible along with frequent water changes and improve their diet with frozen blends or homemade seafood mixes from your local seafood deli.

Ed

Cord
08/12/2006, 11:17 PM
You should be running a skimmer on that tank too. From what I've read, the cloudy eye, and splitting fins is probably due to poor water quality or other stresses leading to bacterial infection. You probably should google wetwebmedia.com for the right antibiotic, and do water changes, and add a good skimmer. Also I agree that you should be varying diet a bit more. Maybe angel formula frozen cubes.
Good luck.

viggen
08/13/2006, 07:06 PM
it could be a fluke :(

I purchased a emperor which had the fluke which makes it look like cloudy eyes & the flukes eat the fins of the fish. When you did the freshwater dip did you see anything floating around in the water?

A skimmer isn't necessary, I have been skimmerless for 12+ years & only rescently purchased a skimmer.

I also do not beleive your tank is overstocked :)

Did you rescently change something on the tank or add new fish?

thor32766
08/14/2006, 08:57 AM
yes have you changed something?