PDA

View Full Version : Incorporating Chaeto into a 12g Aquapod?

chrisstie
08/13/2006, 10:42 AM
I've seen lots of crazy mods people do to their aquapod but mine is stock and its sitting with its back near to a wall where I don't have a lot of room to go and mod the back of it and attach lights and what not...

So I was wondering how you folks incorporate this into your tank?

Most want to have it in its own little fuge with opposite lighting from their tank..

But is it something I could just keep in its own little part of the tank and prune when it grows too much?

I dont have very high nitrates and 0 phosphates but I would like to have a way to have more pods and a natural source to possibly starve out the cyano that wants so badly to grow in my tank. Its ~ 4 months old now and I know its a "new tank" syndrome..

But want to do everything as naturally as possible.

What do you think of how to apply chaeto into a nano?

ENraged
08/13/2006, 03:10 PM
mount a pendant light in the empty fan location that would shine over the second chamber i believe..
i do believe however the AP12 recommends being set up a couple of feet away from the wall.

chrisstie
08/13/2006, 03:41 PM
I actually installed a second fan into the hood

I'm just asking if I could get the same benefits from chaeto if tucked into my main display

mister crabs
08/13/2006, 07:11 PM
yes but it would grow like a weed so you would be pruning every few days. as for pods the reason chaeto in a refugium = mass pods is because the refugium is protected from the fish and inverts in your system that would eat em. so having it in ur main display will work for nitrates but wont increase ur pod crop.

chrisstie
08/13/2006, 08:23 PM
That's all I would be hoping for.. I don't keep anything that depends on pods.. Just want a way to starve out any possible nutrients that could feed cyano and algae

july865
08/16/2006, 11:25 PM
what are your water perameters.... start with the basics here first...