PDA

View Full Version : sos help

tammiescritters
08/14/2006, 03:20 AM
Here's the situation... Its 4am here I woke up cause of dog wanting out to find my tank cloudy.. and after further investigation I found we lost our anemone and parts of it flying through the tank chopped up by a power head. As of right now the water test are all normal.
I know, do a water change but the kicker to it is today we were upgrading for our 55gal to a 90 gal but we wont have the tank in house until 11am 6hrs from now.. anyone have a guidance on what i should do?.. I had planed on saving all the water from the tank to transfer to the 90gal.. or do I do a 100% water change and start mixing water now no and into totes and transfer fish and corals now... please if anyone can offer any assistance I would be very grateful

reefnetworth
08/14/2006, 03:31 AM
get a net for the larger pieces. do a water change and replace carbon with new. REEF-ON!

joe_shmo
08/14/2006, 04:35 AM
I would recommend dumping all the water in your 55g and start mixing up saltwater now for your 90. What kind of water do you use to mix up new saltwater?

tammiescritters
08/14/2006, 06:00 AM
we use tap water.. surprisingly its been going OK all water test are where they should be and have talked to a few other reefers in area and most do the same. I have done about a 30% water change and and changed the carbon. the tank is clearing up. I wasn't able to get much of the anemone out thou he was pretty much diced n sliced up when I found the tank. But i did get a lot of chopped up stuff out of the canister and washed everything out good.. I can tell today is going to be a very long day..lol

nyvp
08/14/2006, 06:02 AM
if you do they water change now,Look at the positve side you wont need to do it later thats all.