PDA

View Full Version : leather coral frag?

Rsk8r4lif
08/14/2006, 11:34 AM
About three months ago i fragged a small piece of a finger leather coral. I rubberbanded it to a rock and in about a month it took to the rock and started to grow quickly. It had grown from about half an inch high to about three inches high. About five weeks ago it shriveled up and i thought it was going to die. Since then it has been shriveled down fairly small, its only about 3/4 of an inch high now, but its a little wider than it was. Is this normal for finger leathers to shrink down and develop a wider base before they grow taller? I can't figure this thing out. And i know it can't be a problem with the water because i have the frag right next to the parent finger leather which is continually growing, and quite large. any ideas?

graveyardworm
08/14/2006, 10:20 PM
Shrinking down and possibly shedding a mucas layer is fairly common, but 5 weeks is along time. Have you seen any polyp extension over this time?

Rsk8r4lif
08/14/2006, 11:20 PM
It was basically like two long fingers basically one was about 2.5 inches long and the other 1.5 maybe? but now the whole thing is like maybe a 3/4 of an inch clump. It used to have alot of polyps going up and down it, and now it just has some on top of the clump

russ49merc
08/17/2006, 10:27 AM
if you still see polyps coming out. it might come back. I would put it in low flow and low light. to give it time to come back