PDA

View Full Version : demon squareback anthias

tycham
08/14/2006, 12:15 PM
Hi, In our 100 gallon tank, I have a squareback anthias that I pretty much brought back from the dead a month or so ago...he had some kind of parasite and wouldn't eat for 5 days, was gasping for air and hanging out in front of the jets "scratching". after 3 days of trying to catch him to no avail, I treated the tank with Revival, at the risk of losing everything(which we didn't by the way, all corals and invertebrates survived). He and his tank mates a small gold striped maroon clown and a red velvet wrasse (my favorite) have been doing fine. The square back has been a bit of a jerk with the Red velvet wrasse at feedig time, but tolerated him the rest of the time. This weekend we got a Sailfin Tang. The square back anthias and Sailfin are immediate pals, (the clown is just obsessed with his frilly mushrooms) but the squareback has become an even bigger jerk to the wrasse, who has been hiding for two days. He came out today a couple of times and the squareback has been very agressive, charging him and of course driving him back into his cave. Will this pass? Is he just showing off for the new guy in town? Any suggestions?????
Thanks in advance.

Serioussnaps
08/14/2006, 04:41 PM
hes ****ed...i think he wanted to die