PDA

View Full Version : hi all, is this a good deal on a euroreef 135 skimmer?

hey fishy fishy
08/14/2006, 01:34 PM
hello everyone,

im getting my first tank together and wanted to make sure im not over spending. i was about to pick up a euroreef cs80 for that $200 shipped deal when i budy of mine referred me to a bud of his who has a brand new rs135 which hell give me for $300. from the looks of it, it doesnt look like it ever left the box.

so, with a 65g (the largest the gf will allow ), is this too much for it? will it be much louder than the cs80?

oh, and last thing, whats the deal with "welded" vs "glued". are the rs skimmers made cheaply compared to the cs models?

with everything that ive read i dont want to skimp on a skimmer, and thought $200 for the cs80 was a good deal especially with the reputation the euroreefs have.

i did consider that new reef octopus skimmer, but i wouldnt mind paying a bit more for a skimmer that a. i can deal direct with the manufacturer b.wont have any shipping incidents and c. has a much more efficent pump set up with lower flow and much better air intake (which seems to be super important, right?) and d. doesnt have to be modded to suck in more air etc.

so is $300 a good deal for the euroreef RS135? or should i just stick with the $200 CS80?

thanks for the time all. this is my first attempt at a reef and wanted to get started on the right foot, um fin

thanks again!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ps forgive the double post, i havent recieved any posts in the reef forum

latazyo
08/14/2006, 01:44 PM
when you "glue" acrylic it ends up welding...they're the same thing

it just means that the glue used melts the plastic together

I had a euroreef before and loved it...IM going with an octopus this time though just to try them out

edit:

dont sweat the double post, reef discussion is very difficult to get any replies in because it moves so fast that your thread quickly moves into page 2 or 3

new to the hobby

or

lighting filtration and other equipment

would be good forums for this thread where you might actually get a reply

someone will probably tell you to do a search because this topic has been discussed a lot before, but you can't search on this site before 1am unless you pay