PDA

View Full Version : Two threads hopefully one asnwer(skimming)

Vanquishxxxx
08/14/2006, 03:24 PM
I have another one up on my skimer not skimming. I have a 55g with 50lbs of LR, one smalle bluedevil, one small flamehawk, and one small 4stripe. Inverts i have are about7 snials, 7 minibrittle stars that came in the LR, a seacuke, and a marbel start medium in size. I have plenty of copepods a couple of other inverts that seem to filter the water through mucus membranes. and a fistfull of macroalgea in the tank. Is it possible for there to be nothing to skimm and that is why i am having such a hard time getting the stupid thing to work, especially when it works amazing at the fishstore???

Vanquishxxxx
08/14/2006, 04:45 PM
coudl really use some help on this

cham
08/14/2006, 05:09 PM
You should still be able to get something. How established is your tank (how old is it).

I imagine your tank is pretty new, you should get some skimmate even if it is really wet and slightly brown. Try skimming more wet.

Vanquishxxxx
08/14/2006, 06:21 PM
it is really wet and very cloudy, brown, deinfilytr not green or anything close to wat everyones looks like. and the tank is 5 months old now.

Drakis
08/14/2006, 06:29 PM
Hpw long have you had the skimmer? I had a aqua c that took about 2 weeks to really start skimming.

Vanquishxxxx
08/14/2006, 06:43 PM
i have been trying to get it to work for about 2 months now?

cham
08/14/2006, 06:46 PM
Sounds like its skimming very wet. Try making VERY SMALL adjustments of the venturi to give less air. Once you make an adjustment, give it half a day or a full day and see what its doing. Repeat till you skim dark brown/black water. I usually dont skim "chunks" like I see others.

Vanquishxxxx
08/14/2006, 08:35 PM
it is actually uses a spray injection to create the bubbles.