PDA

View Full Version : Ebay's Policy on selling coral

MRCORAL
08/14/2006, 06:52 PM
What can and what can't you sell on Ebay with it comes to Coral? Does anyone have any idea the rules on Ebay?

Peter Eichler
08/14/2006, 06:55 PM
Policy? You could probably sell a Bluering Octopus for kiddie pools and they wouldn't give a damn.

lunisean
08/14/2006, 07:04 PM
You can sell just about anything. If you put crack in your fish and sold it they wouldn't care so long as they make a profit. People please do not put crack in your fish that would be BAD. I just used it as an example. thanks. :)

erc111
08/14/2006, 07:25 PM
Use PayPal to purchase anything on ebay.

They will act a an agent if you have a problem.
If you are not able to get a satisfactory resolution with the seller , they will probably refund you and go after the seller.

They intervened for me on the purchase of some mh lights that were not delivered and the seller would not respond to me. After they contacted the seller I received a refund from the seller promptly.

It is not a quarantee. More like arbitration.

Please read their terms and conditions.

That said I recently purchased frags on ebay and was very happy.

kzoo
08/14/2006, 08:01 PM
I had some snails that I put a bid on and it was retracted by ebay due to it being a live animal. Dont know why I see others selling all kinds of live stuff.

cristhiam
08/14/2006, 08:26 PM
I've sold xenia, leather, zoos, some acros not a problem

nathan_unsane
08/14/2006, 08:44 PM
i purchased live snail also... everything went smooth...

actually recieved way more than i bid for

harryhood
08/14/2006, 08:54 PM
I bought snails on ebay too. I got them... and then got them again the following week. Lots of live stuff for sale on ebay.

guppymonkey
04/12/2014, 08:11 PM
I had some snails that I put a bid on and it was retracted by ebay due to it being a live animal. Dont know why I see others selling all kinds of live stuff.

I had the same problem. They quoted there policy saying my snails where none of the listed ones. They failed to read that those species were food types and the line below that said aquarium ones were ok. I called them out on it and they still denied it, But ignore the people who sell 500 of them. Because, I believe as others have said, they will look the other way for profit. And hire poor staff who can't read their own policies.

just my two cents experience selling.

Spork3245
04/12/2014, 08:51 PM
I purchase frags all the time from select sellers on ebay.

supervdl
04/12/2014, 09:54 PM
I had no problems on eBay so far

spoon671
04/12/2014, 10:26 PM
Crack in your fish, lol. This thread is hella old. I wonder if they have any Achilles Tang on eBay.

*bong hit*

tkeracer619
04/13/2014, 09:20 AM
:lol:

FTDelta
04/13/2014, 09:23 AM
I rarely shop on ebay but do browse out of curiosity. I love looking in ebay auto though.

snorvich
04/13/2014, 09:49 AM
I buy books all the time on ebay with great results. I buy aquarium dry goods there as well with the same results. I don't trust results for live animals. Might be ok, but might not. Not worth the risk.

tkeracer619
04/13/2014, 10:10 AM
It all really depends on the seller. Some of them use it as an easy marketplace. Just some random person tossing up a coral for $400 nope...

Someone who has been on there for a long time with positive feedback and doesn't doctor the photos is usually a legit business. Check for a website outside of ebay to see what their deal is. Wouldn't worry about it so much if that's the case.

Reefer54
04/13/2014, 10:34 AM
I had the same problem. They quoted there policy saying my snails where none of the listed ones. They failed to read that those species were food types and the line below that said aquarium ones were ok. I called them out on it and they still denied it, But ignore the people who sell 500 of them. Because, I believe as others have said, they will look the other way for profit. And hire poor staff who can't read their own policies.

just my two cents experience selling.

Often times with Ebay, they are monitoring the keywords in the title and also have a large team of people in each selling category that read the descriptions for keywords that are not allowed as well as third party payment preferences, etc.

Regarding the keywords in the title, i am unfamiliar with the rules regarding coral and snails, but i do know that they are not allowing live animal sales, so the seller in the case of these snails probably had the item listed under the wrong category or used incorrect keywords for the category they listed under.

i sell coins and bullion on ebay fairly regularly, and i have listings that need to be amended occasionally because i will show a picture of a coin graded by a third party grading company that ebay does not recognise as legit (not that they arent legit, they just choose not to recognise them), and it doesnt mean i cant sell it, i just means that i can in no way claim any of the information on the graded coins as factual. i cant even refer to the grade or third party at all, and so i must leave it to the picture and a description that is very bare bones. The title can not include anything in regards to being graded, only the denomination, metal composition, year, etc. Nothing can be included to the quality or grade or it is ended.

The higher value the item that is for sale is, the more specific they get too. i have a Rembrandt etching i have had listed for some time, and it took 3 or 4 attempts to have it listed without problem as COA, year, authenticity besides the COA (included) all must be clearly included and i was unable to use keywords for related items which might draw more potential buyers in because they said it was not accurate to the category and work that i wanted to list. Yet, they allow me to put "gold" in my silver listings and "silver" in my gold listings all the time....

that's my 2 cents so to speak.

find a seller with lots of sales and good feedback, and buy there. you will have more guarantee that what you order will get to you anyway. It's worth the extra pennies in my opinion.