PDA

View Full Version : WOw anyone see those LED's?

Fuegofish777
08/14/2006, 08:06 PM
Hey everyone, i was just cruising RC last night and i saw a flashing advertisement for LEd hoods. did anyone else here check them out. The system is called solaris, it looks absolutely amazing. If the numbers they're claiming are true we might have a revolution on our hands. i know people have been talking about LED's for a while now, but i didnt think they would have it commercially available this soon. anyways, i just wanted to see if anyone else had seen them, if not you should take a look. i think they are made by PFO

DamnDamsel
08/14/2006, 08:08 PM
After the vortechs plummit in price and I can afford that I will think about selling a few body parts and look into those LED hoods. After the vortechs with controller I should still have part of a leg left at least.

josh holt
08/14/2006, 08:11 PM
yes i've seen them. you can go to pfolighting.com to check them out and check out the super steep price. its like $900 for a 20inch fixture.

josh holt
08/14/2006, 08:13 PM
oh yeah it is cool that you can adjust the color spectrum to whatever you want from 6500k up to i think 20-25k

Fuegofish777
08/15/2006, 12:02 AM
ya thats insane, and so is the price. but seriously, for all the controlling equipment thats about the price you'd pay for any lighting system. i mean, if the output is really as strong as they're saying, they would be worth it, if you could afford it anyways. i wish i had that money, the possibilities with custom lighting options are endless. man o man, do i really need a car that bad??? ;)

alexk3954
08/15/2006, 12:12 AM
I think most people are waiting for the price of the technology to come down and then they are waiting to see the long term effects before buying. 1000 dollars is a lot of money for something that has not yet been proven to work well. If they do work though, these seem like they could replace metal halides.

bubblethumper
08/15/2006, 12:21 AM
$1000 isn't horrible. My computer costs more than that. I just want to see ONE tank with it and a review