PDA

View Full Version : Blue tip Sea Fan Mounting Question

familyreefer
08/15/2006, 06:58 AM
We just picked up a beautiful Blue tip sea fan from the LFS this past weekend and the "root plate", for lack of a better term, is only about the size of a quarter. The fan is about the size of an mans open hand and it keeps falling/ getting knocked over (by starfish or cucumber?)even though I bury it quite deeply into the sand. Can I glue this plate to a larger base and bury it or would that be detrimental to the fan? Thanks for the help guys!
Scott

kidzatheart
08/15/2006, 07:09 AM
I was wondering who bought that. lol It should be fine to glue it down. Have the polyps opened yet?

familyreefer
08/15/2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the help. Yes, the polyps are open but the disturbance of falling isn't helping them to stay that way!LOL! Nancy wanted that fan really bad but we drew number 16 so I was worried it would be gone befor we got a chance at it! She was literally biting her nails and watching over it! We just ordered an SPS frag pack from one of the guys here on RC. It came in this morning from NYC overnight Fed-Ex. Acclimating them now. Thought I would mount the fan since my arms are gonna be wet anyway mounting the other 9 or 10 frags!

kidzatheart
08/15/2006, 01:39 PM
Wow that is funny, me and my wife was #17. We had 2 items we really wanted and was getting nerves the whole time. We ended up with only 1 of the 2. I am just really starting out on SPS and the COTM(coral of the month) and a purple digi is the only SPS I have right now.