PDA

View Full Version : August meeting

normanviking
08/15/2006, 07:19 AM
Hey guys, I am sorry to be the A hole to do this, but my Mom and little sis are visiting me from Germany. They want to go out to Pagosa Springs and Mesa Verde and camp this weekend out there. Is it ok if we can push the meeting back next weekend? I thought some one told me it might screw with there plans. Again I am sorry for the trouble. Thanks, Dan.

calvin415
08/15/2006, 07:21 AM
Works for me, Rachel has friends coming in to town as well so this will really keep me out of the dog house with her. :)

normanviking
08/15/2006, 07:31 AM
LOL, I hope the responses keep coming as positive as yours. Love that blue milli btw. That things is growing very well in the sand still and getting bluer. Most of my corals suck now though. Big Eric has all his corals in my tank lol. Very nice stuff.

Joe69
08/15/2006, 09:21 AM
If you move it to next week then I can go. I wasn't going to be able to make this weekend, but next week works great for me, so you've got my vote.

COreefer
08/15/2006, 12:34 PM
I just want to make a couple of comments because we are trying to structure the club, and changing meeting dates should be a very rare event.

First, there are some folks who do not read the forums who attend meetings...this is generally based upon emails and word of mouth. Some people may read the forums every couple of weeks or so.

Two, we have made plans for Russ to do a presentation at this meeting...I don't know the status of him doing it next weekend but if he can then this is a non issue. Russ please chime in...

Third, we cannot make a habit of this. Especially if we are going to have folks doing presentations, guests who rearrange their schedules, etc...this will make month 2 in a row a change in the meeting date or an attempt to gauge interest has occured. If this continues this will be sure to hurt the great turnouts we have been having.

Now personally, I can make it next week. My in laws will be here this wekend so I was looking forward to the excuse to get the hell out of here but, they will be here next weekend as well, so I can look forward to that I guess.

Seriously though, all of these things have to be considered when comitting to a meeting date. Folks make plans for specific dates and if they are changed only a few days in advance, well that will only hurt the turnouts, especially for those members who do not surf reefcentral. Not to mention the fact that it is a cause for confusion if the meeting thread specifies a date and that is changed.

I'm not saying no it can't be done, but what I am saying is with structure, continuity must follow. Also I am saying meeting changes need to be the extremely rare exception, and they should probably be run by Robert first since he is coordinating these events and he has to judge whether he can effectively communicate to the group any such changes. I haven't spoken to him so I don't know if he was made aware of this or not...

Questin
08/15/2006, 02:46 PM
After reading this, and the sticky thread, I don't know what date is the correct date now. The sticky thread say the 20th, and this thread says that the meeting needs to be pushed to the next week.

Dates here in this thread, and an update on the sticky would be a good idea.

BTW, I didn't know there was a southern Colorado Forum until today because on the list of clubs, when you hit the first one, you would never think to look at the "S"s for a club in Colorado.

I am passing the word around to people I personally know, but renaming the Clubs forum here on Reef Central to have "Colorado" as the first name would help to advertise it much better.

COreefer
08/15/2006, 03:00 PM
There should be a definitive word by this evening...

normanviking
08/15/2006, 03:23 PM
If it is not ok I will be gone, unfortunately this sat. My family comes first. I understand everyhting you said Eric. I have two room mates that will be able to do the hosting also. I would like to be there too though.

COreefer
08/15/2006, 04:04 PM
Family comes first...we'll find a way to work it out.

Deuce67
08/15/2006, 05:05 PM
Hey Dan! No problem on my part. I could do it the presentation next week if needed. I prefer the host to be there. Go have fun with your family!

murfman
08/15/2006, 11:01 PM
I'm in for either day, just let us know.