PDA

View Full Version : Live Rock Order

DAW1906
08/15/2006, 09:57 PM
Well I am just getting started in the hobby and was a bit nerves about getting my first set of live rock from LiveAquaria.com. I had seen mixed reviews from other members, but with the avg. price of 7.50 per lbs at my LFS I threw caution to the wind and decided to take a chance. I must say when I got my three boxes of rock I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered 2 boxes of the Show size Tonga Deep Water and man were they really show sized they were almost to big for my tank and man were they colorful: Pinks, Greens, Reds, and Oranges. On the down side or good side pending how you look at it I did have to capture a fire worm so we know there was some good(or bad) life left in the rock. I also ordered one box of the standard Fiji. And it tow came with good color. The sizes of the rock pieces in the standard boxes were a bit small though with lots of rubble left in the bottom of the box. Overall this was a good purchase I felt, there rock had a lot more color than my LFS rock. If my next order turns out as good as this or better I will definitely become a repeat buyer from Liveaquaria.