PDA

View Full Version : clown/anenome

Jim Cannon
08/16/2006, 11:17 AM
My main motivation for this 12G is my grandkids. The central focus of the tank is Nemo. So I obviously need a clown. I also want to have the anenome for the clown, or the clown for the anenome.

I defer to you all for advice.

One clown or two?
Recommended clown?
Recommended anenome?
Buy both at the same time?
if not, which first?

I know some one out there has this setup.

Thanks for all your good advice so far.

Jim

crzy4reefs
08/16/2006, 11:28 AM
well over time both will grow out of the 12 gal tank.

but i would go with a percula clown and a bta. there's a 50/50 for it hosting. but i would only get one clown.

get the tank cycled for the clown, add him in and wait a bit before getting the anemone. what lighting will you have on the tank

Jim Cannon
08/16/2006, 12:41 PM
It's one of those JBL Nano Cube with dual 50/50 bulbs built into the hood. I just bought new ones this week. Did mention I bought this tank used? I don't know how old it is, but I thought fresh lighting would be a good thing.

bta? bubble top anenome?

If this 12G works out, I'm sure I'll want to go to the 24G. So when they get too big for the 12G, I'll double their comfort.

thanks for the reply.

Agu
08/16/2006, 08:07 PM
A 12 gallon is large enough for a bubble tip anemone and two a percula or a oscellaris clowns if they're the only livestock.

Eventually the BTA will need larger quarters, a 24 would be just fine. So why not start out with the 24 and not buy/do everything twice ?