PDA

View Full Version : reef tank rookie needs help.

ron323
08/16/2006, 10:45 PM
I am fairly new to this hobby, and just recently set up a new tank. I a 55 gal tank, 50lbs of live rock, a few fish, and a couple corals. I wanted to know how long i should keep my lights on. I got two timers and wanted to know how long i should keep the blue lights on and the white lights, should they be on at the same time? What is the best thing to do. Also i would appreciate any kinds of tips to make my tank better, and what are some good beginer corals and fish? Thanks for your help.

goda
08/16/2006, 11:09 PM
well what exactly do you have wattage wise? .. tell us every DETAIL... fish coral. skimmer brand. lights. water motion. everything

then we can tell ya what to do

usualy you want the white lights on two hours less then the blue. so blues come on an hour before the white and turn off an hour later. as for how long the lights shwuld be on depends on the type of lamp ( lower wattage should be on longer to compensate ) anyways 10-12 hours should be good

ron323
08/16/2006, 11:38 PM
thanks for the help. i got A coralife pc with four 55 watt bulbs (2blue, 2 white), a CPR bak Pak protein skimmer, 1 Rio 1400, and 1 Rio 400 powerheads, and a regular pengiun filter. As for corals i , barely started out, i got a 3 brown mushrooms, 1 blue mushrooms, 1 geen mushroon, about 10 pollyps, and a pink leather. As for fish i got a clownfish, 2 damsels, and i green cromus. As for the lights, so both the blue and the whites should be on all day?