PDA

View Full Version : How to fit sump/fuge and auto fill bucket under 48" stand?

jamal-188
08/18/2006, 07:35 AM
Setting up my new oceanic 95 wave tank this weekend but I"m not sure how I"m going to fit everything under the stand and locating anywhere else is out of of the question.

I'm guessing my only option is to put the fuge inside the compartmnet of the sump...but I figure I should have at least a 20g fuge.... I would also like to have a salt bucket underneath the tank for auto-fill but I guess I could do away with that if necessary. I have a CPR hang on back fuge I could add but it's only 6 gallons....

Any suggestions?

liquidlunch
08/18/2006, 07:45 AM
Before I went with a remote sump in the basement, I spent some time finding the perfect container. I wound up getting a small rubbermaid type rectangular shaped trash container. It was about 18" tall, 6" wide, 12" deep.

jamal-188
08/18/2006, 07:53 AM
I forgot to mention I have a ASM G3 that has an 11"x12" footprint

liquidlunch
08/18/2006, 08:07 AM
My 30gal sump(36" wide) left me with about 8-10" from what I recall. My euroreef CS6-1 skimmer is inside my sump.

tygger
08/18/2006, 08:17 AM
I have a 29g sump underneath my 72g bowfront tank/stand. Nothing else will fit underneath so I had to put the top off reservoir to the side (outside of the stand). If the looks bother you, you could build/buy a wooden storage box of some sort to block the container from plain sight.

jamal-188
08/18/2006, 09:09 AM
Part of the reason I'm switching tanks is becuase I have a 72g bow and I cannot fit everything I want under the stand and my stand was ruined by water damage(great looking tank though) :) That's why I have the CPR hang on fuge. I guess I could build/buy something to put next to the tank but I'd prefer not. I guess my only option is to go with a 36" sump/fuge combo and place the bucket next to that, or a 30" sump and then a fuge next to that and either forget the auto-fill or build a storage spot next to the tank....