PDA

View Full Version : Aquac Ev Skimmers

cyberdude47
08/18/2006, 08:23 AM
What are some of your opinions about aquac ev serirs skimmers?
I am thinking about a EV 2000 for my 500 gallon reef but can't find to many reveiws on them
What are yours whether personal experience or judgment???

CapnKick
08/18/2006, 09:06 AM
Love mine. There are similar threads in the equipment forum, but I'll summarize: skimmers are personal preference and it seems like recirc needlewheels are all the rage right now. A lot of people, like me, are very happy with their AquaC EV skimmers. Mine produces a ton of gunk, and it's the best fit for my sump. It's also very quite, can't hear it over my return pump.

sherm71tank
08/18/2006, 05:49 PM
I had an Aqua C 180 and it worked pretty well. Not nearly as good as a decent beckett ( though the Aqua C was MUCH more quiet ) and I would also say a good NW is also better. If you want the best skimmer for your tank then I don't think Aqua C is where you should look. If power consumption is no concern, get a big beckett, otherwise go needlewheel.

cyberdude47
08/18/2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks I appreciate the info

pwj1286
08/18/2006, 10:49 PM
Take a look at it this way....you need a BIG pump to run any down draft, beckett, spray induction type skimmers.

Recirculating skimmers run on very little power. Most have a slow water turn over making them very effcient at skimming.

Downdrafts turnovers are very fast and do not skim the same as a Euro-Reef, ASM, Deltec style skimmer.

Both designs seem to work well, but one uses less electricity.