PDA

View Full Version : I am sooo excited

Jeanniee
08/18/2006, 01:35 PM
I just upgraded my lighting from an Orbit PC to a 5x54 Aquactinics T5 set up. It is my understanding that I am about to double (+ some) the amount of light in my 73g bow front. I have mostly softies all near the top of the tank (pc bulbs need to be replaced). Any recommendations for placing my leathers, toad stool, xenia, goniopora, clove polyp, green sea mat and star polyps? Despite the subpar lighting everyone is doing very well and I don't want to shock the crap out of them with these new lights. Thanks

fsn77
08/18/2006, 02:38 PM
With the new lights, you should acclimate your corals like they were new additions -- start them at or near the bottom and move them back up to the locations you want over time.

I'll be switching out our PC fixture for T5 HO soon myself. Please keep us posted on how you like them and the changes you see in your corals.

graveyardworm
08/18/2006, 04:27 PM
Rather than moving everything you can place some eggcrate light diffuser over your tank with several layers of fiberglass screening then every couple days remove a layer of screen until there is none left.

edwardbotha
08/21/2006, 01:30 AM
will not recommend moving corals. either diffuse the light or place the light up higher abd gradually let it drop closer 2 the tank