PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Aquazone plus OZONE question

Lyscer
08/18/2006, 07:09 PM
Has anyone had any problems with these units? I'm debating weather or not I should by this used one that's for sale in my area for a not to bad price, it is about a year and a half old but I'm not sure how long they stay good for(producing quality ozone), and stuff like that. Please give me your input on what you think. Thanks.

swimboy123
08/18/2006, 08:11 PM
I love mine and would not trade it for the world. I have the 200 Mv/hr version and it worked wonders in the first couple days. No more yellow water, lower levels, and more skimmate make it worthwhile.

jtemple42000
08/18/2006, 09:14 PM
I've got the 100mg/hr unit. I also like it and have had not problems with it.

vijaym85
08/18/2006, 11:59 PM
I was really afraid of using ozone as I know there are certainly risks associated with it. However this unit makes things very simple. It is very lightweight and has a real time ORP display. I would reccomend this over base Aquazone model because of the ease of use. I had an inital orp of around 140 and now I am in the lower 300's Mv. I went with th 50mg/hr on a 150gallon and it seems to handle it ok though a 100mg unit would have been a bit better. so make sure the unit you want to get is enough for your tank size as this is the only issue I have at times with mine. Also If it's used make sure it comes with or due purchase an Air drier as this helps produce better quality ozone. by removing moisture which at least for me is a issue.

Acroholic
08/19/2006, 06:25 AM
I luv my Red Sea 200 mg/hr unit, keeps my ORP constant at my target range of 450. It definately works, and as vijay says, the Air Dryer really makes it a more efficient unit. I have two air dryers, I keep the extra one dry for a quick change out when I need to dry the other.

Lyscer
08/19/2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks. I think I will see if it is still available. You guys are awsome!