PDA

View Full Version : sick bubble coral?

tammiescritters
08/18/2006, 08:44 PM
I need some help on what to do with my bubble coral. This past week we did a tank up grade from are 55 gallon to a new 90 wave tank. we had no choice but to transfer everything into new tank. The tank was going into same spot.

Now before we did tank up grade the bubble was doing wonderful. now he is not coming out near what he was. we have tried moving him a few times thinking the spot we had him he did not like. but with the same results. now we have left him in the same spot for the past 2 days and he does not look much better then when we first put him in new tank. do any of you out there have any advice? could it just be stressed form the move? and just give him more time?.. I'm going to try to attach pic's if it don't work I have pic's in my gallery of when he was doing great in the 55 and 2 pic's of what he looks like right now. any help or suggestions would be great.

reefcrazy93
08/18/2006, 08:56 PM
try feeding it. is it getting the required amount of light.

tammiescritters
08/18/2006, 09:00 PM
we have feed it but it hasnt changed it's look... We have t5's on the tank. now the 90 is a little deeper then the 55 we had. I tried putting him up higher but then I had thought maybe the water flow was to great and droped him a little lower in the tank.

tammiescritters
08/18/2006, 09:31 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/tammiescritters/100_1598.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/tammiescritters/bubblenotgood.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/tammiescritters/bubblenotfeelingsohot.jpg

tammiescritters
08/19/2006, 05:36 AM
bump

kzoo
08/19/2006, 07:20 AM
Sorry but that looks bad, is there any flesh on it? If there is you may try puting it out of direct light and keep feeding it. Is this your only sick coral.What is your water like?

tammiescritters
08/19/2006, 08:37 AM
Yes there is still flesh in it. There is a few bubbles sticking out, not much. But the rest are still there just deflated. The only other coral that isn't doing so great is the brain we got the same day. it was doing great also, opening up to about 6 1/2 inches during the day and about 4 when the lights were off. now it's not opening but you can still see the fleshy sides move in the water flow. Everything tests ok. I am thinking they got real stressed while taking the 55 down and moving into the 90.
Are the T5's still ok for the lighting, I'm a little worried about that.

Ammonia-0
Nitrates-0
Nitrites-0
salinity-1.025
Calcium-460
temp-80.1
Alkalinity- is good can't remember the number but remember Hubby saying it was in line

Thanks for the comments, this was our favorite new addition, hate the thought of losing it.

kzoo
08/19/2006, 10:52 AM
Was there a big change in the lighting? If so this maybe a bad reaction to more or less light.

tammiescritters
08/19/2006, 12:14 PM
The lighting is the same unit from the 55. A T5 but this tank is 6 inches higher than the other. Is this lighting ok for a ninety gallon.