PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on a little project

ALittleSalty
08/18/2006, 10:01 PM
I have a little dilema on my hands and would like some fellow reefers to provide some input. I currently have a 24 Pod that is saltwater and a 20 long that is freshwater. I purchased a small 5.5 gallon tank around a year ago to use as a qt tank, but decided that my ten gallon would be better. I was going to give it to my sister to use in her classroom, but I couldn't give up the tank for some reason. I recently moved 2 hours away this past weekend so I used it to move the freshwater fish and the move went pretty smoothly, everything is doing fine!! :)

Anyways, I am now stuck on what to us it for. My fiance has told me no more tanks, but I think I can work on that. I have a Coralife 96 Watt light that fits perfectly over the tank. So I got to thinking about it, and thought it would make a nice little saltwater tank with just a crab, and some snails, and maybe a small shrimp. What do you guys think??

I was thinking about putting a glass divider in the back, to make a simple internal overflow, kinda like the Pod has. And using it this way. I could then build a hood and a base for it, but I dunno if it would work.

What would you guys do with the tank??? I cant stand having an empty tank sitting around!!!! Thanks again guys and gals!!