PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: Aqua C Remora Making Bubbles

krikor
08/18/2006, 09:44 PM
Hi guys, I JUST set up salt water tank today and my Aqua C remora is pumping tiny bubbles into my tank. Is this what it usually does?

I dont know whats going on, any advice would be great!

Thanks guys

Krikor

druce
08/18/2006, 10:15 PM
how new is the setup, most new pumps make micro bubbles for a few weeks till they break in

If I had more info on how it's set up, I might be able to offer more assistance

druce
08/18/2006, 10:16 PM
sorry, getting tired - it's a skimmer making bubbles in the tank?

if so, then you could reduce the water flow into/out of the skimmer to reduce the ammount of bubbles going into the display.

I don't have any experience with this skimmer, so I'm just guessing that this can be done.

krikor
08/18/2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks, it was just set up tonight, i could try to reduce the flow with a smaller pump... the remora though comes with the mag drive 1200... and thats what i have on there, are the bubbles bad for the tank?

Ive heard they are bad for fish but i have no fish in there yet.

Thanks alot

druce
08/18/2006, 10:26 PM
depends on who you talk to on here about the impact they have on livestock

in my expierience, they don't seem to - they are more of a nuisance than anything...

krikor
08/18/2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah they just make the water murky... so id love to get rid of them.. atleast a littlebit

LaloV.
08/19/2006, 04:35 PM
It´s normal for the Remora to make tiny bubbles during the "break period", this will continue for 2-3 weeks but then they will begin to slowly disapear.

And yeah, tiny bubbles could only hurt pipefish and seahorse when they confuse them with food.

Gl.

krikor
08/21/2006, 08:58 PM
Ah yeah actually it mostly went away after the first night all together, everythign seems ok... one of my tiny anenome's dissapeared, and i have some things i have no idea what they are, like a giant spiney catepiller looking thing.