PDA

View Full Version : Best use of Kents Aqua Dose

Snowsrfr
08/19/2006, 10:11 AM
I just acquired a 2.5 gallon Kent Aquadose jug with the main purpose of using it as a poor mans auto topoff system on my 65 gallon reef. According to my calculations, I have the drip set up to replace 1 gallon of R.O. in a 24 hour period, the amount I normally lose during the summer months. My question is, should I also take advantage of it to dose my tank with calcium and alkalinity? I currently dose the tank with B-Ionic 2 part, so should I start adding that to the aquadose jug? If so, anybody have any way of figuring out how much I should put in there so I get the proper amount into the tank in a given day? I'd say I dose about 30 mL of each part every couple of days so, too keep my calc and alk in check. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

davjbeas
08/19/2006, 11:32 AM
I am using the b-ionic also. you can not dose b-ionic with the kent drip system. these chemicals cannot be mixed together before ading to the tank. however i am considering using the kent drip to dose super dkhbuffer as my alkalinity is only 7dkh. a slow drip would be better then adding the buffer directly to the tank.

David B.

Ne0eN
08/19/2006, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't dose anything that I cannot test. What are your current water params? There are a number of dosing calculators on here. Check in the Reef Chemistry forums.

-- Rob

fishnut321
08/19/2006, 12:25 PM
i had the same thing, if you plan on using as an auto top off, i would seriously recommend getting an auto top off system.

Dosing kalk through the system clogs the wheel valve, so you have to constantly adjust the flow

its a pain in the but to have to refill the auto top off every other day with a 30 gallon tank, let alone a 65

i installed a jbj auto top off controller with a 30 gallon trash can, i have to do maintenace once a month, much more convient :)

AZDesertRat
08/19/2006, 12:25 PM
Snowsrfr what are the dimesnions of the 2.5G container? I have been thinking about getting one but my space is limitedand I cannot find dimensions anywhere.