PDA

View Full Version : Salifert Testing

mmotown
08/19/2006, 12:16 PM
Today I was testeing my SPS tank and wanted to know if you guys use the attachment that comes with the syringe or do you measure your drops as it comes out of the syringe? Is my test accurate if I use the drop method from the syringe or do I need that cone shaped attachment? Thanks

Billybeau1
08/19/2006, 12:43 PM
The only test that you dont use the tip is the ammonia. All the other tests that have a sryinge need the tip installed. You dont count the drops.

mmotown
08/19/2006, 12:49 PM
I have been testing without the attacment and now I am using it and I am hoping my test aren't off. I have been testing this way for almost a year now and I think I may have been testing incorrectly:mad: . My corals still look good:D

Justin/TiV
08/19/2006, 01:18 PM
yeah...that tip has enough space in it to throw your results off pretty far...I would for sure use the tip from now on.

ghever
08/19/2006, 09:13 PM
I think the dip just allows you to add the solution a lot slower and finer, but overall it will not affect your results if you fill the syringe full of the solution, no air bottles, all the way to 1 ml. Think about it, you are just measuring how much solution you are dispensing... with the tip, you can actually drop up more than the 1 ml the syringe can hold...but when you dispense, you are counting how many units you are dispensing starting from 1ml down...if you dont use the tip, but fill the syringe up to 1ml and have no air bubbles in it...when you dispense, you are still counting down how many units are used... hope that made sense.

Anyways, the tips are there for a reason, so use them if you can.

G

mmotown
08/20/2006, 11:31 AM
You're right and I started using them. Thx