PDA

View Full Version : ordering pods in canada?

neotekz
08/19/2006, 09:08 PM
is there any online retailers based in canada?

ACBlinky
08/19/2006, 09:35 PM
www.jlaquatics.com and www.mops.ca are both great, but neither offers live bottled pods AFAIK. If you're in Ottawa, I believe there are two Big Al's locations there. I shop at the Scarborough location and they've offered to order in live bottled pods, hopefully your nearest store could do the same.

neotekz
08/19/2006, 09:41 PM
so u can only get it as special order? how much does it cost?

ACBlinky
08/20/2006, 12:41 AM
No idea, I've never actually ordered them. BA's said they'd order them from the same company that supplies their live phyto and rotifers, and it would take about 48h to get them in.

DJ88©
08/20/2006, 08:32 AM
IIRC Wendell at Ocean Aquatics has Pods.. Last time I was in I think I saw a bottle on the counter. Email n find out

www.oceanaquatics.com

slevesque
08/20/2006, 09:30 AM
Reffcrew (http://www.reefcrew.bionomicsolutions.com/Assets/Html/Products/Animals/Copepod.htm) They have copepos, rotifers, phytoplancton. They ship as well. They are located in Richmond Hill. This is the brand I saw at my local BigAl's.

neotekz
08/20/2006, 10:25 AM
thanks guys i'll check those out.

stevesque - they have them at your bigals in montreal, not special order? i might be able to pick it up there as i go to montreal pretty often

ACBlinky
08/20/2006, 10:43 AM
Reef Crew, that's the same brand my BA's could order. I think the demand is fairly low, so it's easiest to add any requests on to their weekly phyto/rotifer order, or make a special order rather than stocking the pods all the time. They said usually it would only take a day or two to get them in, you might try calling your local BA's to see if they can get you a bottle with their next shipment. If you pick them up in Montreal you'd have to find a way to keep them refrigerated all the way home :)

slevesque
08/20/2006, 11:33 AM
They have a reefcrew fridge at my BA. I agree they may not have pods all the time. Better call and order to make sure.

GreshamH
08/20/2006, 11:55 AM
Copepods can be shipped across boarders FWIW, but I'm sure your trying to steer clear of international shipping rates :D

Reef Crew has some top notch products, excellent quality :D

neotekz
08/20/2006, 01:06 PM
i thought all livestock cannot be shipped across the boarder, can corals be shipped to canada?. but still it would be so much easier to get it locally.

GreshamH
08/20/2006, 01:22 PM
No corals as they're CITES, but stuff like rotifers/copepods/phytoplankton can be shipped, if they're processed properly (ie: proper labelling, tariff code sticker, etc).