PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI help

blakeoe
08/20/2006, 06:55 AM
I just hooked up my optima auto to a 30 gallon can. It has a auto shut off on the filter and a float valve in the can. When the can gets full and the float valve closes the water still comes out of the waste line and the guage keeps bouncing from 65 to 15 p.s.i. Anyone know what is wrong? When i first hooked it up one of the elbow fittings was broke so i had to replace it but im positive i used the exact same size and everything. I don't think that has anything to do with it.

tygger
08/21/2006, 09:39 AM
Make sure the auto shut off valve (ASOV) on the RO/DI filter is hooked up correctly. Either that or could be a faulty ASOV.

seattlerob
08/21/2006, 09:59 AM
blakeoe: I just went through this EXACT same problem you are experiencing. I ordered & installed the Optima Automated and after a few days of running I noticed the waste line was producing water even when the float valve was off. Also, my psi meter would jump up & down just as you described, during which time you could see the air bubble in the RO unit get bigger & smaller as the input water was being turned on & off.

I contacted customer support and they said I needed to install a check valve (http://www.purelyh2o.com/product.php?productid=16144&cat=255&page=1) on the input line to the unit. I looked around everywhere locally to find one, but had no luck. I contacted purelyh2o again & they sent me a check valve via USPS. Installing the check valve on the input line did not help the issue at all, but after clicking a bunch of links on the purelyh2o website, I finally found where the check valve should go, which is between the RO output (good water) and the autoshutoff valve. See the diagram on this page to determine whether you are missing this check valve...I am guessing you are: http://www.purelyh2o.com/product.php?productid=16155&cat=254&page=1.

Once I installed the check valve per that diagram, the unit shuts off as expected. When the float valve is closed, the PSI meter drops completely to zero and no water comes out the waste line.

I just sent a PM to Bryan asking him whether the check valve should have come preinstalled like the diagram shows. My unit was lacking that check valve. In hind sight, it makes a lot of sense why that check valve is needed. Without it, as the water drains through the waste line, pressure between the RO unit and the autoshutoff is lost, thus the autoshutoff opens up again.

HTH,
Rob

purelyh2o
08/21/2006, 05:29 PM
Give me a call as soon as you get a chance and we will get you all fixed up. We have been using elbow style check valves in place of the inline ones and some of them apear to be failing. Not a big problem, we can fix it :)

I will PM you my home number

blakeoe
08/21/2006, 05:37 PM
problem solved!! Thanks seattlerob and Bryan!!

purelyh2o
08/21/2006, 05:43 PM
Rob is the MAN!!!!!

seattlerob
08/21/2006, 06:28 PM
hehe...no Bryan is THE MAN!

purelyh2o
08/21/2006, 06:30 PM
We got this!