PDA

View Full Version : digitate hydroids...how bad? what can I do?

zoomster
08/20/2006, 06:41 PM
Hey folks,
Hoping you can help me. I have three (that I can see so far) digitate hydroids that I've noticed over the past week. I ccan't get a picture of them because sightings are inconsistent and my camera can't take pictures of anything that small with any clarity. After quite a bit of research I've determined they are digitate hydroids. How bad are these little devils and is there any way to rid my tank of them? Thanks in advance for any advice.

TimTen
08/20/2006, 10:04 PM
cover them right now with a Kalk paste. I waited to long and they covered my whole tank. Also make sure to cut feeding as much as possible. They are filter feeders and will explode if you have a dirty tank or are over feeding.

zoomster
08/22/2006, 09:26 AM
thanks for the response. how do i make/get kalk paste to do this? I've read many threads referring to it, but just don't know what it actually is. thanks for any help.

TimTen
08/24/2006, 11:21 PM
kalk is a powder that is sold in most LFS's. I used a suringe from my calcium test and mixed some of the powder with water. I made it really thick and covered as much as I could.