PDA

View Full Version : Where is the MAC address on a AquaController III

LOTUS50GOD
08/20/2006, 08:53 PM
Where is the MAC address on a AquaController III

mleinart
08/21/2006, 04:20 AM
Whoa.. those controllers have ethernet? Damnit.. now I want one...

Well I have no idea where the mac address is.. but if you have it connected successfully to a computer you should be able to find its mac address in the arp table:

in windows xp: start, run: cmd
type: arp -a <ip address of controller>

in linux: same syntax at a shell prompt

mac os x: at a command prompt, probably same syntax

ppht
08/21/2006, 05:34 AM
Hi Lotus I just ordered one. Do you like it? How are you using the ORP? I ordered the probe but not sure how to use that reading, I get mixed reviews around the forum...

The Mac Address is probably defaulted by the built in Webserver. In the Aquacontroller manual 192.168.1.50. and then look on your router and you can also find it besides the corrosponding IP.

LOTUS50GOD
08/21/2006, 07:27 AM
I got it last night... All I can say is that its pretty awesome...

I can view ORP, Temp, and PH on the fly...
It can graph it for you (up to 600 entries) if you purchase the software ($75.00)..

Best of all it can be programmed...
So I told it things like ... If my temp gets over 82 degrees (which means the chiller took a crap), then turn on an external fan (over the fuge) and turn off the lights.... Then send me an email.....

Its a little pricey, but for all the money that we have in the tanks.. I would say its cheap insurance.

ppht
08/21/2006, 11:38 AM
Lotus,
How are you using the ORP Rating?
Your Signature shows all your stats are you feeding them from your feeds or typing them manually?
And I didnt order the software as I thought the built in webserver does email alerts and the other items the software does, is that not true?

HDAlien
08/21/2006, 01:34 PM
I believe the mac address is accessible in the ethernet configuration on the controller itself.

sjm817
08/21/2006, 02:01 PM
If you can see it on your local net, you can do an
arp -a
command from a PC and see all mac addresses on the local subnet