PDA

View Full Version : met. pink zoo's Q

krylon fist
08/21/2006, 03:36 PM
i have a small colony of met. pink's and was wondering where they like it best in the tank? right now i have them high up, not in direct flow, but maybe medium to low flow and they are doing OK, but not outstanding like my other lime green zoos.

i heard different colors like different locations, lighting... etc. and i haven't read anything about the met. pink's yet.

anyone have these that could give me some tips? my lighting right now in the small tank is just a coral life 20" power compact with 50/50's in it... that can't be to much for them. can it?

i squirt in one pump of coralplankton just about everyday and i dunno, they aren't dying or anything, just don't seem to be doing as well as the other zoos in the tank..... and my new tank is cycling right now and it will have 250 MH's on it with 14k bulbs. hope they like that alot better.

thanks.

itz frank
08/21/2006, 04:43 PM
The 14k's will give them better colors but only because of the blue lighting you'll be giving them. Under whites they'll look the same. Zoa's are low lighting corals. I don't think there should be any problems. Usually the best thing to do(as with most corals) is to start them down at the bottom of the tank and work them upwards with lighting and acclimate them and find where they open best. Then you can mess with the flow patterns in ur tank to suit their needs. Hope that helped. -frank.

krylon fist
08/21/2006, 04:56 PM
thanks alot, set my mind at ease a little bit... i just re-arranged the tank a little bit, i hope they flourish so when it comes time to set them up in the new tank they look nice and purty!! :D