PDA

View Full Version : does anybody have the odyssea skimmer?

everl0ng
08/21/2006, 08:17 PM
it is LOUD! i have it as a HOB, and it is in my room. i am considering selling it because i just got it today, but it is way too loud for me. AND it is spitting out MILLIONS of microbubbles. PITA! my tank is full of microbubbles! will they ever go away? will it just take time, or is there a solution that i need to come up with?

everl0ng
08/21/2006, 08:47 PM
bump

meco65
08/21/2006, 09:07 PM
Most skimmers take 3 days to a week or so to break in don't give up on it, if its just to loud that I cant help with, but to say that you will more than likely get used to the soundif you give it a chance.

afelder
08/21/2006, 09:28 PM
You can try to modify the output to reduce the microbubbles. I finally ran the output into a filter sock to stop them. The jebo/odysea equipment doesn't have a great reputation; but it works in the short term. The best suggestion for noise I can make is replace the pump (if you can). Also a word from my experience with them watch for leaks. I was losing more than a gallon a day out of one of their canister filters (on vacation) and came home to a ruined carpet.

Good Luck
Ariel

Andrew
08/21/2006, 09:36 PM
Give it time to break in. If you want, I'll sell you the css65 I have for really cheap. All you'll need is a rio 1100 and a DIY venturi.