PDA

View Full Version : Help Feeding My Oscellaris

triciod
08/22/2006, 07:36 AM
I just purchased an Oscellaris Clown the other day. I was told from the LFS owner that they had been feeding it Brine Shrimp and other frozen foods. I didn't think much of this because i have had great success with this species before. Now, i tried feeding it before i went to bed last night, and it wasn't too interested in the meal. I was adding a few pellets of Hikari Marine S. Do foods like these go bad?? Im really stressed out about this because i had a great experience feeding an Oscellaris the Hikari pellets which i had a year ago.
I don't mind the idea of giving periodic frozen-food feedings, but i feel that as a normal feeding food its just too messy. Is this the correct thinking? Im running a 24gal nanocube. What should I do?

Kiel'thalin
08/22/2006, 10:21 AM
You might want to look at this FAQ listed on the sticky in this forum:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=288782

AquaReeferMan
08/22/2006, 12:25 PM
My clowns take to all different types of food. I feed a variety of live, frozen, and flake. Live Brine, frozen PE Mysis, frozen Formula 1, Prime Reef, and decapsulated artemia cysts. Just give it some time. The fish prolly needs to get used to his surroundings before he thinks about eating. Good luck