PDA

View Full Version : how to get clowns to host

ahmer1781
08/22/2006, 12:44 PM
I added a smaller GBTA just a few weeks ago, so far the ocellaris clowns (pair) have never touched it. They dug a hole in the sand, sleep there, relax there, defend it, but they never even look at the GBTA, is there any cool technique to get them to host???

ClownReef®
08/22/2006, 12:47 PM
No "cool" technique. Its like if someone tried to make you do something you didnt want to...

You cant force them to do something they dont want to do. Its all up to them. Maybe in time they will go in the anemone..All you can do is wait.

..But if you really want to try something (although i would NEVER do it)..chase them around into the anemone..they might jump in.

dzovi
08/22/2006, 01:41 PM
A lot of patience. It took me over a year for my clowns to host.

Juck
08/22/2006, 02:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7989689#post7989689 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iReef69
..But if you really want to try something (although i would NEVER do it)..chase them around into the anemone..they might jump in.

This works,,,, I did it while the Occs were in their QT. I put a small BTA clone in with them and after a day or so I 'corralled' them towards it every few hours with the fish net handle. After a couple of days they were loving the anemone. I probably wouldn't try this with a carpet though.

650-IS350
08/23/2006, 10:45 AM
Get a plastic stick or something to pursuade them to move towards the BTA... Done that twice to 2 pairs of false percs. ( nature would kick in and they would instintively dive in and hide in to the BTA ) mean but it works..

FATDUBS
08/24/2006, 04:33 PM
Juck, why wouldn’t you try this with a carpet, have a pair of clowns and a carpet that I put in about month and a half ago but they still have not try to host in it yet and was about to try one of the technique mentioned above since I see them trying to host my open brain, clam, and zoo’s, any info will be helpful

Bones18
08/24/2006, 09:10 PM
This 100% works all the time. Make sure the lights are out and have been for a while. once the clowns are in their usual spot they will be sleepy and out of it. I always just use my hand to gide them into it using a cupping motion. Its really easy and have used it soooooo many times. They will realize what they are doing and take to it no problem.

Get it done,

B

08/24/2006, 09:55 PM
Best technique is buy clowns that are already hosting in anemones at your LFS.;)