PDA

View Full Version : brown?

mr pink floyd
08/22/2006, 02:45 PM
i have a digi that was a nice green color in the LFS, brought it home, and it is kind of brown under my lights...

its a crappy odyssea bulb, should be 20k, but im guessign more like a 10 or 12 k

under only this it has some flourescence on the tips, and some of the edges, but the maine branch is kind of brown, it is directly under my halide

my orange digi has great color, my phosphates are 0, tha twas the first thing i checked, i posted about this a while ago, it colored up a little, then kind of pittered down to brownish again

any other ideas on whast wrong?

MCary
08/22/2006, 02:54 PM
How long have you had it? The base colors are all brown. Changing light spectrum can cause the coral to lose its color only to have it come back once its acclimated to your lights. If your color spectrum is really difference it may even change color.

Green is an easy color. It should color up quick enough. I think, and I'm often wrong, that 6500 kelvin is best for growth, 10,000 kelvin is best for color development, and 20,000 kelvin is best for viewing.

Mike

mr pink floyd
08/22/2006, 05:06 PM
ive had it for over a month and a half, its weird though, the tips, adn all the new polyps that grow are a nice green, btu everything below it is kinda brownish, i did look, it is kinda shaded, its shaped lie ka tree, a "trunk" then branches off of it, the branches have decent color, the new polyps are the most colorful,adn the "trunk" is brown...