PDA

View Full Version : how to move a bta

dermer
08/22/2006, 08:56 PM
i have a bta that just split and they are both on the glass of the back of the tank and i need to move them they are next to a powerhead that i had to turn off so they dont get hurt i hear you can use a credit card to scrap them off the glass what is the best way in you opinion

Salty Brother
08/22/2006, 09:23 PM
thats what I would do, or put on a rubber glove and just try to pry it with your finger.
Good luck

scumonkey
08/22/2006, 10:10 PM
Put an ice cube at the edge of the foot.

vest0830
08/22/2006, 10:29 PM
change the water movement so it doesnt like it, it will mvoe that way.

chip721
08/22/2006, 11:05 PM
IMO when they're on the glass is when they are easiest to get. I'd try the credit card or something similar to pry them loose. Once they get a foot hold in the crevice of a rock, it gets more challenging.

itZme
08/22/2006, 11:21 PM
I have done this several times. The glass is a good place to have them. I would put on a latex glove and then start rubbing the foot where it is attached to the glass and at the same time I hold an ice-pack on the outside of the glass (the thing you use for coolers and refreeze)

As it starts to let go you will be able to work your fingers under the foot and it will slowly detach from the cold glass and end up on your fingers. The whole process takes about 10 minutes. It could probably be done faster but I was trying to be extra careful to avoid damaging it.

HTH
-- Kevin