PDA

View Full Version : RO without waste?

paulfromero
08/23/2006, 08:57 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking to put an RO unit between my city tap water and my Kent float valve on top of my tank. The only problem is that for continual use as a top off source, I will be creating enormous amounts of 'waste' water. I dont have anywhere to put this waste plus it seems, well, such a waste.

Does anyone have an RO solution? How about a standard water filter...any sps keepers use this?

I would like to keep sps and other corals someday, but right now I'm holding off until I can filter the city tap water a bit.

Thanks,

Paul

Roland Jacques
08/23/2006, 09:07 PM
most ROs come with auto shutoff valves so it only has waste water when it is making water. so if your tank used 3 gallon of water a day you may waste up to 15 gallons that day that will cost about $.02 a day in most citys

paulfromero
08/23/2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks,

I should've got the higher priced RO unit...as it is I got the bare bones unit..without the shutoff valve.

Paul

Roland Jacques
08/23/2006, 09:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8001245#post8001245 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by paulfromero
Thanks,

I should've got the higher priced RO unit...as it is I got the bare bones unit..without the shutoff valve.

Paul you can add one their about $15-$20 i have a extra one if you want. PM me