PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of bubbles

rsxs1212
08/24/2006, 04:24 PM
i dont know if its an algae but i bet most of you know what im talking about.. its those annoying little bubbles that get on everything and when you clean them off and the pop the spores get out and spread all over again

well in my new tank it just finished cycling and i found bubbles.. not big ones but i want to get rid of them before they are over everything.. i think i heard there is a crab that will get them.. i dont know though.. i want something that is reef safe but will keep the bubbles out.. taking everything out and boiling or drying it off is not an option..

nmprisons
08/24/2006, 04:26 PM
green mithrix crab is what you are referring to. they are pretty intense and some folks say they may not be reef safe. i have one and like him, though.

rsxs1212
08/24/2006, 05:02 PM
had anyproblems with him attacking corals??
is that a or like an emerald crab, i think that is what i had heard about before but im not sure

MCary
08/24/2006, 05:32 PM
I have four emeralds and a tank full of corals. Never a problem.

TKByrnes
08/24/2006, 05:35 PM
I have 1 emerald and dont have any problems with him

TheMcs
08/24/2006, 05:35 PM
Emeralds do a decent job. They don't directly attack corals, but do occasionally tear off a polyp (by accident?).
Best thing I've done is tape a needle to airline tubing. Start a siphon (like a water change). Pop the bubble with the needle and keep the tube in place to siphon out any spores.

rsxs1212
08/24/2006, 06:23 PM
thats not a bad idea.. but the chances of me getting all the bubbles out is pretty slim.. i think ill just get an emerald or two i dont have enough right now that is bothersome but i guess the emerald will keep them down to a minimum

thanks everyone